Commercial Food Vendors
We look forward to providing a variety of delicious BBQ and other food items for many hungry event attendees (estimated at 15,000+ in 2017), and welcome those interested in participating. Please note the following before applying as a Commercial Food Vendor:
~ Only KCBS BBQ Teams (competing with 4 meats) will be permitted to sell BBQ items of any kind
~ Priority will be given to prior vendors, esp. those with us since our first event
~ We will do our best to avoid duplicate items to provide a better variety to attendees
~ Applications, with all applicable fees and all required documents must be received no later than April 1, 2018 for consideration.
~ Health Permit fees and application will be submitted (by us) to the local Health Dept. for review. The Health Inspector will visit your site prior to opening and issue a permit at that time.
** Commercial Food Vendors must provide the following items for consideration:
1. Commercial Food Vendor Application including signed “Commercial Food Vendor Agreement / Waiver of Liability”
2. Copy of your current Business License
3. Insurance Certificate for $1 Million – certificate MUST list Almost Heaven BBQ Bash AND Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum as additional insureds – NO exceptions!
4. 1-2 photos of your rig / food truck / or normal set-up
* If you’ve sent these previously, just let us know – otherwise, please include at least 1-2 photos
5. List of all “proposed” menu items (to avoid duplicates). Any changes must be pre-approved.
6. Lewis County Health Dept. Permit Application (or a copy of your current Lewis Co. or West Virginia Health permit)
Please review the following documents as all vendors must adhere to the General Sanitation Guidelines and Regulations for operating a Temporary Food Establishment.
“WV Health Dept. General Sanitation Guidelines”: wv-health-dept-general-sanitation-rules
Regulations for “Temporary Food Establishments”: wv-dhhr-operating-guidelines-for-temp-food-concession